A company that has continuously pioneered innovations in severe weather detection, display and awareness, Baron is committed to providing life-saving technologies for critical weather intelligence.
Headquartered in Huntsville, Ala., we’re looking for dedicated individuals to join our team.
A comprehensive benefits package is available. Benefits include paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, 401(k), and short-term and long-term disability insurance.
Baron is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Once we receive your application, we will review your credentials, and will be in contact with you if your qualifications align with the position. No phone calls, please.
Immediate Supervisor: Radar Manager
Position Purpose: Responsible for ensuring optimum network usage and quality for Doppler weather systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Integrate, install, repair, service, and upgrade Doppler Weather Radar equipment including transmitter/receiver cabinets, antennas, pedestals, Signal Processors, cabling, etc.
- Troubleshoot, repair and test associated radar mechanical & electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Work from operation sheets, schematics, assembly drawings and test specification
- Support high power RF testing, system testing
- Ability to travel extensively (domestically and internationally)
- Ability to climb towers at heights greater than 200 feet with tools and equipment
- Ability to understand and work with electronic test & measurement equipment
- Ability to work from complex assembly drawings, schematics, assembly/ upgrade procedures
- Ability to solder to Military specifications
- Ability to work with a variety of hand and power tools
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two years related experience
- Required to use personal protective equipment (fall protection) on job sites
- Work at heights of 200 feet or greater
- Extensive travel (including international)
International Sales Representative
Baron is seeking an International Sales Representative. Baron provides comprehensive weather solutions to clients globally including radar, data integration, displays, value added weather data, weather modeling (including numerical weather prediction, air quality, and hydrological modeling) as well as alerting and public outreach solutions. Previous international sales experience with government agencies and local agents is important. Meteorological and/or Engineering background is also important. Positions requires extensive travel abroad. Foreign language skills are a plus.