Baron’s suite of hydrology tools provides a fully integrated, turn-key solution for the forecasting and notification of hydrologic events. Customized and scalable to the user’s requirements, the Baron flood forecasting suite is designed to provide critical decision guidance, allowing officials to better anticipate flooding events, provide public awareness, and dispatch emergency services to the affected locations.
Hydrometeorological measurements and modeling can be implemented into national composites. In addition, meteorologists can easily send site-specific alerts of heavy rainfall and official flash-flood warnings, delivered via email, mobile devices and alert radios. Only subscribers in threatened areas receive the notification.
- Incorporates new and existing weather radar (including dual-polarimetric systems), automated weather sensors, rain gauges and NWP models
- Visualization in the Baron Lynx software delivers flexible, accurate display of data products
- Produces inflow, forecast modeling and the resulting hydrographs, providing helpful awareness during nowcasting and short-term flood forecasting
- Officials and the general public can receive text-based SMS and email alerts, notifying them of inclement conditions in local areas
- Detection assets spread throughout a region are integrated via any of several connectivity methods, including GSM, VSAT, WAN, LAN and broadband