How It Works
Your Baron Threat Net subscription already allows you to receive alerts when inclement weather approaches within 15 miles of any saved alert location. With the expanded lightning alerts, you can now get notifications for:
• Lightning detected within 12, 10, 8 and/or 5 miles of a saved alert location. You choose the range for each location.
• “All clear” alerts – 30 minutes have passed since lightning last struck within 15 miles of an alert location.
You can receive any Threat Net alert as a
pop-up on the map, text message or email.
What To Do
The next time you visit Baron Threat Net, the lightning alerts will be ready to go. Please note that to receive the new alerts, you may need to enable them in the alert type settings for each saved alert location. To start:
- Click one of your saved alert locations on the map.
- Click “Edit Location”.
- Next, click “Alert Types”.
- You will find lighting alerts within the Severe Weather Alerts category. Enable the ones you want.
- Once saved, don’t forget to adjust the radius of your Alert Rings to match the the distance chosen for your new lightning alert.