Technical Workshop: Flood and Tropical Events
Baron and InterMET Asia present two FREE TO ATTEND workshop sessions on offer with the overall theme of “Flood and Tropical Events: Tools and Technology for Mitigating Extreme Weather”.
What It Is:
The workshop will provide helpful information on new tools, technologies and techniques for mitigating extreme weather. The two-day event is divided into sessions. Both are free to attend.
Who It’s For:
The workshop is designed to provide everyone with value and helpful information, from non-technical executives and civil servants to operational meteorologists.
We are honored to be joined by distinguished members of the meteorological community, including:
- Caleb Aw – OTT Hydromet
- Dr. Sheldon Drobot, Ph.D. – Harris Corporation
- Laura Pederson – CODAR
- Dr. David Yates, Ph.D. – U.S. National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR)
21 March, 11:30 – 17:00
“Hydrology and Severe Weather”
- Numerical weather prediction and flood forecasting
- Frequencies and transmitter uses cases for weather radar
- Weather displays in an operational setting
- Distribution of actionable weather information to stakeholders and the public
22 March, 9:30 – 15:30
“Tropical Storms and Cyclones”
- Radar configurations suited for tropical events
- NWP applications in tropical forecasting
- Value-added data products for effective risk prediction and management
- Display and distribution of critical weather intelligence
To reserve a place free of charge, simply register below. If you haven’t registered for InterMET Asia yet, you can register for the exhibition here and select the sessions you wish to attend.